The Channel Islands are somewhat of an enigma, with a rich and complex history that is reflected in their unique cultures and traditions. An archipelago situated just off the coast of Normandy, France, the Channel Islands are British Crown Dependencies, but not part of the European Union. They are in fact governed in their own right under the Bailiwick of Guernsey and the Bailiwick of Jersey. Their language and their pubs are English, yet many of their foods and place names are definitively French.
At New Forest Removals, we understand and appreciate the unusual heritage of the Channel Islands, but, even more importantly, we understand the specific needs and peculiarities of doing Channel Islands removals. All of the Channel Islands have different features and we specialise in accommodating the particularities of each Island when doing removals; moves to Alderney, Sark and Herm are done differently from moves to Jersey and Guernsey, for example.
Moving house can be a daunting task if you’re just moving down the street, far less having to tackle the challenges posed by the Channel Islands, but rest assured that Channel Islands removals are our area of expertise. With our weekly service to Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Sark and Herm, New Forest Removals has the experience and know-how in making Channel Island removals as smooth and stress-free as possible so that you can get settled in your new home in no time, whether it’s a quaint cottage tucked away in the cliffs of Herm or a sprawling beachfront property in Guernsey.
As they are two of the smaller Channel Islands, Sark and Herm may also seem intimidating as moving destinations, but with their leisurely, relaxed island lifestyles and picturesque landscapes, at New Forest Removals we don’t think anyone should let the challenges of moving deter them from enjoying all that Sark and Herm have to offer. So for those who are looking to settle down and enjoy the whimsical atmosphere of these magical Channel Islands, we offer full removal services. New Forest Removals transports your effects to Guernsey where they are then transferred to 10 ft shipping containers, as these are the only way of shipping on the Bonmarie to Sark and Herm. The container is then transported by tractor to your residence or premises where New Forest Removals will offload and set up all of your effects as required, offering you a complete Channel Island removal service from start to finish.
For all Channel Island removals, New Forest Removals offers a full packing and customs clearance service. In carrying out Channel Island removals we also offer the following services:
- New Forest Removals offers a groupage service for small part loads; we consolidate the loads ourselves and pack the containers accordingly.
- New Forest Removals can arrange transport for your car; it can be shipped by crane or in a 20 ft container for Channel Island removals.
- New Forest Removals offers classic car transport to and from the Channel Islands from anywhere in the world, using covered transporters.
- New Forest Removals have full liability cover for your possessions whilst they are in our care on the way to and from the Channel Islands.
- For properties on the Channel Islands which may be difficult or awkward to access, New Forest Removals have small vehicles already on location to cope with this common Channel Islands removals issue.